Thursday, May 28, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Bit of a turnaround. Really it's just inspired by the last trip up to the attic. The grooves in the upstairs windows are filled with the tiny sunbleached corpses of a thousand ladybugs and their housefly nannies. Regina's lost brood. I'd long suspected her to be something of an absentee dam, but being sole witness to the slide of a generation into its own golden dust demands documentation.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Sketching out some bookmarks for a fave's fourth grade theater students. Could do this forever.
The devil's in the details in these kids' drawings, though. Been agonizing over the barest hints. Those three lines at the back of the head, for example? Are they the suggestion of speed? Heat? Impressionist dreads? Check out those arms--both clearly behind the back. Is that part of the process of fire-sculpting? Will they notice that I quite literally put his wrong foot forward?
When all's done, I'm putting faith in the ability of dragons and firefoxes to distract your above-average ten year old male.
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Miss Mary Mack.
- Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack
- All dressed in black, black, black
- With silver buttons, buttons, buttons
- All down her back, back, back.
- She asked her mother, mother, mother
- For 50 cents, cents, cents
- To see the elephants, elephants, elephants
- Jump over the fence, fence, fence.
- They jumped so high, high, high
- They reached the sky, sky, sky
- And they didn't come back, back, back
- 'Til the 4th of July, ly, ly!