Thursday, January 20, 2005

It had a cat on it. With the word "cool".

Halfway into the second day of my Fruit Lolly, I made a startling discovery. (Yes, I said second day. Yes, it had been sitting out all night amidst pencil shavings and eraser nubs. Yes, I picked it up this morning and, without a thought, began gnawing on it once again. No, I'm not normally this gross--but it's a sucker, man. Being in the very presence of a sucker grants you certain childish perogatives. So, forget the gross.)

As I said, I made a discovery. The stick was plastic, not paper.

Now, anyone who has ever balked at putting the soggy, pastel-tinted remains of the top part of a sucker stick, where the sucker meets the stick, into their mouth knows what this means. It means no more balking. It means no more half-finished suckers.

And it occured to me that this is what science exists to do. To provide ease of mind to the hosts of germo-phobic, slime-o-phobic sucker lovers out there.

Innovation at it's best.

No comments: