Sunday, October 15, 2006

It's you and me, moth.

We're a pair without a land. Power-less. We've been keeping pace with those dispossesed crows that've been making the rounds, post-storm. Poking among the broken branches and moving on to the next ill-fitting treetop.

I'm a sad creature of habit. I like my Baking Soda Mentadent and my mugs. My mindless but meaningful ticks. We came home briefly this afternoon and my first act was to sit in front of the cold screen. It took more than a few minutes for me to realize that I'd been clicking on an unresponsive mouse, and a few guilty seconds to admit that it was oddly, reflexively blissful.

Maybe a little shake-up was in order.

1 comment:

GabsOSteel said...

ya know, johnny really likes baking soda mentadent too. me, i could never get used to the stuff. give me mint or give me tooth decay!