Friday, April 27, 2007

Can someone scratch my nose?

Twice now, this week past, I've been interrupted mid-sentence with a jeepers-lookit-the-time. I feel compelled to say that both conversations involved a rather strident, rather one-sided rant involving Children of Hurin. Possibly the phrase "forged by a dark elf" was used. Considering the verbal liscense I've given myself regarding the book, and the inevitable fallout, who can tell? But it seems I am that guy.

I'll post this pic and have done. It's Hurin and it breaks my heart. Excuse the smudges.

"There he was bound by the power of Morgoth; and Morgoth standing beside him cursed him again and set his power upon him, so that he could not move from that place, nor die, until Morgoth should release him."

For years. Years. Through the murder and betrayal and strife and that pesky moustache hair.

1 comment:

Greg said...

He chose... poorly.