Monday, February 07, 2005

Seven in One Blow.

Not as easy a task as one might think. I recently saw seven crows systematically hunt down and murder (no pun intended) a babby rabbit (harry a hare?). Four broke off from the group to distract the mother (did you know that rabbits can shriek?--well they can). The remaining three descended on the offspring (despite the efforts of some doughy yuppie who, at the insistence of his girlfriend, tried to intervene). I ran by the spot the next day to find that the mother had not escaped either. Wonderfully efficient animals, crows. And smart.

I'm no augurer, but I feel that some portent was involved. Too late now to find out, I guess. Maybe just a simple warning to keep your jam covered at all times. Who knows what dark agents will wing out of the sky?

No comments: