Friday, September 09, 2005

Labbatt Blue and Spiral Mac 'n Cheese.



(The new and improved JRR scan. If I'm going to pursue anything Tolkien, I'm going to be a real pain in the ass stickler about it.)

I seem to remember posting in a drunken haze last night. Something about Death Cab For Cutie being undeserving of all of the current fuss. How I don't blame Ben Gibbard for coasting on the fumes of his Postal Service success, but that his whining is just whining without the sweet bloops and bleeps backing it up, and that we shouldn't fool ourselves into fandom. I probably said something about it all being a metaphor for life stripped bare of art or some shit. Blah blah blah. Oh, I railed and ranted. And then realized I was practically drooling on the keyboard, fruck out and deleted everything in shame.

Either way, I would suggest saving oneself the disappointment and skipping Plans.

1 comment:

goose said...

I agree, "Plans" is only o.k., and "Postal Service" has a wonderfully unique sound! Goose likey.