Saturday, March 05, 2005

I said I was bored.

I have a bookmark that has a drawing of Lewis Carrol. He pretty much looks like what you'd expect a math teacher gone bonkers would--tumbleweed hair, watery eyes, hands that don't know what to do with themselves without a pen or chalk.

He also, it occurred to me, looks a great deal like Gene Wilder. Which may explain why the bookmark is now nowhere to be found, but probably pushed under some heavy books, face downward and wrapped in a tissue. Gene Wilder occupies a lofty position on my top twenty list of scariest images--somewhere between Beaker and Jesus on the cross.

So, moving on to other, less terrifying pairs.

Lord Byron and Robert Downey Jr. (who I'll continue to have a crush on despite the unfortunate resemblence, thank you)
Alex's grandmother and Larry King
Billy Corgan and Eric Cartman (the voices, dudes, the voices)
R.E.M.'s "Nightswimming" and Kansas's "Dust in the Wind"

I'm too bored to think of any more.

No comments: