Tuesday, March 15, 2005

It's like playing dressup with really tiny clothes.

God damn, was this fun. I did some idle research on pinups this weekend and came away crazed for them. Like, wanting to decorate the house with them crazed.

There appear to be two schools of style. The first is largely situational. It's the "Ooops, I've lost my ___!", or the "Now how did that happen?", and involves unlikely breezes, dropped accessories, and pesky telephone cords. Nothing profound, but they serve their purpose and are generally hilarious. The second is your classic, come-hither shot. Simple, effective, uncontrived. Just the female form draped in hues.

I think I'm tending towards the second. The George Petty school. This piece was a timid starter--redhead in incongruous asian get-up. I tried putting sticks in her hair to complete the theme, but she then became redheaded martian in incongruous asian get-up.

No comments: