Sunday, March 13, 2005

So. Much. Pink.

I allowed myself to break from Saturday ritual last night and went to a shower. As a result, I stumbled onto some revelations--some surprising, others not as much.

1. No matter how many costume changes I make before going out, I always revert back to the first. This would be handy to remember, as the drunken return at 1 A.M. to a bedroom draped in black shirts and jeans is never a welcome one.
2. The sounds of one girl screaming and the sounds of seventeen girls screaming are much the same. It's as if the first to start serves as a tuning fork for the rest until you have one flawlessly unbroken stream of endless, indistinguishable vowels.
3. Animal crackers have changed! The people at Nabisco must have decided at some point to shake shit up and hire a new artist. Same beloved animals, new swanky designs. All for the cold, discerning child of the digital age. And kudos to them. Nabisco, I mean.
4. The closest I come to being bullied into buying lingerie is to purchase dishgloves and an apron. They were pink. That counts for something, right?
5. Bockwurst has become my new favorite comfort food.
6. My first impulse when surrounded by a horde of five foot women is to play a mean game of keep-away with the chocolate fondu. In my defense, I did refrain from indulging it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the gloves were the sexiest thing i got :)