Wednesday, August 24, 2005

And it's too bright outside.

Perhaps not surprisingly, I'm cranky.

-The price of my once-a-week-bagel went up fifteen cents.
-Some homeless guy outside of Wilson Farms called me "Sir". As if my asshole reflex around these dudes wasn't already barely in check.
-Add cancer patients to the long list of people I hate that shop at the Co-op. Some woman in an elaborate white and gold turban decided to take fifteen minutes cashing out, whining, raising invisible eyebrows, begging things to be placed just so in those annoying little co-op bags, and generally pissing me off. (Oh? It's not cool to be mad at cancer patients? Well, fuck you, too.)
-My allergies are inflamed, as are my knees. They've been turning rosy colors all morning with absolutely no provocation.
-And I'm in love with Christopher Reeve from the orginal Supe movie. Was that not obvious? And there's nothing I can do about it unless I have some real luck with a pocketwatch. Or maybe a 1978 penny.

9 comments:

Johnny said...

I also am cranky, largely due to the damage of my back. So, since you were already cranky, I will add.

-It is WAY to godsdamned bright. Can't we start a system where there is a pleasant perpetual twilight, instead of this horrible clear brightness that scythes through my eyes and burns an imprint of everything I see into my brain? Because sunglasses should be a fashion accessory, not a neccesity

- People who think everyone on the block shares their personal taste in music due to the fact that they own the corner music store need to experience something horribly discomforting. Preferrably involving taxes, or perhaps a small, but irritating headache.

That is all for now. Thought you might get a smile from the gripes of wrath. Forgive the pun.

Anonymous said...

It must be horrible to have to deal with cancer patients taking too much time in a co-op check-out line, or the sunshine being too bright. I'd hate to have to live with such terrible inconveniences.

Jess said...

always glad to have a comrade in bitching, johnny!

Greg said...

Maybe the Gold Turban Lady was a genie. Ever think of that? No, you inconsiderate jerk!

Jess said...

you know, I DID think that! but she was two places up, and I had no chance of grabbing her. and I figure any retribution for my rudeness will fall on the poor sap standing between us.

Johnny said...

I think it is awesome to gripe. It makes me feel better and doesn't hurt anyone. People who gripe about griping (hereafter referred to as metagriping) are to be griped about.

I mean, come on, what I was I supposed to say in response to the chiding anonymous comment? I now realize the error of my mistake?

Jess said...

oh, he's not as anonymous as he likes to think. there's a little thing called Site Meter that comes in real handy. though shall we applaud his attempt at stealth?

goose said...

You kooky kids...The 5 of us at work that read these blogs everyday took a poll:
-2 said she really did have cancer. my partner whose uncle died of it a few months ago was one, (he found it something less than amusing).
-1 is a firm believer that she could have been channeling the actress in Sunset Blvd.(Gloria Swanson I think?? help?)
-1 thought she could have been going as a pirate.
-and the last shook his head while forming a mental picture of his friend in the scene and muttering "Oh Dear Baby Jesus wept."
-BFJFY, I know your griping is a vestige of NYC days ;) But was the music that bad that taxes has to be the punishment?? If so I'm guessing it could only have been Yoko Ono sings "La Boheme". Am I close?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clapping. Can your site meter tell me how long the owner of this machine leaves it unattended everyday, yesterday was a little too close.