Friday, August 12, 2005

Freakazoid.

Got some unexpected visitors the other day. Of the religious variety. I stood very quietly, not answering the door, balanced on some non-squeaky floorboards. But they are a patient breed and waited for what seemed like ever in their flowing skirts and sherbet polos.

And as they contemplated my door, I weighed my options. I could go outside, guns ablaze, some social Darwinism in one holster and my "I am God"-doozie in another. I could start shit and I could win. But it struck me that the current spectacle was much more terrifying. Me, looking with a pale, roving eyeball between the blinds. Them, inches away and unaware. Me, mouthing dark things through the glass and onto their polished shoes. Them, guileless and smiling into the sun.

It's the stuff of horror movies, really, and I was so freaked out by myself that I didn't even notice when they left.

No comments: