Wednesday, February 22, 2006

And the breath it has a name.

Such pitiful predictability when it comes to music! How I love to limit myself. The last great discoveries were Modest Mouse and Sigur Ros, and those are going back three years. Since then I've been wandering the musical landscapes between Shoegazers and Stargazers, which are not boundless despite the sound of them. But I'm having trouble breaking out.

The latest (I guess) is Summer Lawns. If you give 'em a listen from one room over and brush your hair over your ears, they almost seem like the real deal--wavering, with that practiced indifference that I just. can't. get. enough. of. Otherwise, they simply sound like your little brother singing through a cardboard tube. But that's good too.

4 comments:

Mike Garvey said...

Kudos to you for introducing new music. We've all hit kind of a dry-spell.

You posted at 11:11, by the way. Make a wish.

Jess said...

by the by, you have five radiohead cds coming your way.

Mike Garvey said...

summer lawns = excellent excellent. Rhap also suggested that I check out Clearlake, which I pass on to you to list somewhere under Coldplay-ish.

Jess said...

I've listened to clearlake. the music at first is good until you realize that the lyrics were obviously written by monkeys.