Tuesday, March 14, 2006

"Shiny."

We were whorelets to the science fiction beast these past two days. I'm not sure whether to be more ashamed of the amount of time spent in front of the tv on the two warmest days of the winter, or of what we happened to be watching:

The end of Star Wars: Empire of Dreams. A History Channel documentary that we've seen before and will surely watch again. It's well done, funny, and Warwick Davis is pretty cute for a Hobbit...er, Nelwin...er, Ewok...er....

How William Shatner Changed the World. Two hours of bad. Bad writing, bad guests. And a scene with Jonathan Frakes brushing his teeth that made Alex distinctly squeamish. Oh, and they totally cut some guy off who started to explain a theory of warp. Something about being sucked backwards and the displacement of space, and what type of energy is needed, and all sorts of cool, and the camera just backed away in fear.

Firefly. There was a NINE HOUR marathon on the Sci-fi Channel. We taped it. We watched it. We loved it. For anyone who liked Serenity, we're willing to lend these out for a small fee. And, I know this is going to offend the Wash-crush of a certain someone, but when the doctor isn't taking his shirt off, I'm all about the captain.

Battlestar Galactica. The ninety minute season finale. It was excellent, but I kindof lost it when I thought I saw a Michael Biehn Cylon. It would have capped the evening off perfectly, as everything the man touches turns to science fiction gold (yes, that includes The Seventh Sign)--but it wasn't him, and I was sent to bed.

5 comments:

Mike Garvey said...

Having never seen the show, I watched Serenity last night and was mightily impressed. If it weren't for the cute/hot Kaylee, I'd probably have a man-crush on the captain too.

Jess said...

that's it, you're watching them--he's even better in series form. I know you've got nothing going on this week, so I insist.

sarah said...

I don't get the doctor thing.
sure he's sweet, but, whinywhinywhiny.




(Ok, the last ten seconds of Serenity, I'll give you.)

Jess said...

and that's ALL I'm talking about. ohbaby.

kill secretary kill said...

I could talk about Battlestar & Firefly for days and weeks but probably not years because it'd get so old.