Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A bit dated...

I was folding laundry and listening to My Radio when this (yes, it's a Rhapsody link) came on. The vocals were cloudy from where I was standing, but it had a strumming modern indie feel and it was good. Turns out it was Pink Floyd (when in doubt, it's always Floyd--or Beck). I happen to (really) like Floyd, but give 'er a whirl. If you likey, I also recommend "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" on their A Saucerful of Secrets. You'll never believe it's from 1968.

In actual current music news, I hear Gomez has a new cd coming out. Word is May 2nd.

2 comments:

Mike Garvey said...

Amazon has samples:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EQH2QU/qid=1144591841/sr=2-3/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_3/103-7139676-0949459?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

Jess said...

suh-weet. rhapsody has the single ("how we operate"). it's not bad. we heard it at founding fathers, of all places.