Friday, April 21, 2006

Season of Multiple Coats.

Four pics scrapped in two days. The first I'd spent three on. It was doing fine, but was slow in the going and I panicked at the stretch of time before me with no real guarantee of success. I like a sure thing. I'm also starting to realize that there are certain shapes that my mind can't grapple with. Old women in shawls. Arrangements of hills. Daffodils (those improbable angles, dernit!). Stubbornly, I keep returning to them--routinely I get swatted back. But it will come.

Maybe it's the change in weather. My sphere of interest revolves--from things dancing in dead treetops to things turning in the grass. A seasonal world-tip. It just takes a while to regain balance and let the vertigo clear.

But either way, I run the risk of getting hit by cars.

No comments: