Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Grand Island was straining under the weight.

Around five o'clock yesterday, the silence of the street and of the city was more than we could bear. The amazing weather had lost it's novelty and my "Hey, I'm Bored, Pay Attention To Me" phase was quickly being replaced by the desire to just pick a fight. So we abanadoned the bowl of salsa and the porch, threw ten Molsons in a plastic bag, and packed into the car with a defeated air.

Sigh.

Yes, it took all weekend, but we finally fell victim to the strange exodus that characterizes the beginning of summer. When city dwellers shrug their shoulders, grin sheepishly, and doff their urban pretentions in favor of toll booths and games of whiffleball in dogshit backyards.

4 comments:

Greg said...

Wow, I had no idea you guys had to grapple with coming out for the Wiff.

Jess said...

aw. I was just funnin'.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen Asparagus this BIG
They grow up to 15in long and 2in wide.
gardening web site promotion

Anonymous said...

Jess ,My Home need a better way to heat the house,I am burn some wood,since now prices have gone thru the roof and with the high cost of energy I have started a site about Napoleon Fireplace is where I purchased a wood burning stove .
Anyway enjoyed you blog Grand Island was straining under the weight. , BYE!!