Tuesday, October 04, 2005

And purple...I HATE purple.



In the grand tradition of Grimace, the Purple Pieman, and Prince, I submit to you a sliver of Fee. She was commissioned by some theater dude in Missouri (pronounced Missour-uh, if you know what's good for you) and is destined to be the last piece of mine to be headed for the heartland. This is partly due to my inability to follow directions. Partly because I take criticism very poorly and am unlikely to be approachable for any re-draws. Partly because I don't know lilac from lavender. But largely because I could find no 16X20 inch envelopes and, in a characteristic snit, ended up crushing the whole mess into a smallish tube and cramming what amounted to a "fuck you and your ideas" note into its hole.

Unfortunate, because Right Up Your Alleys don't really fall out of the sky that often.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Congrats on getting commissioned! You make any money?

Jess said...

ha! no...but it's really about the experience, right? riiiight.

Greg said...

So the woman reaching into her coin purse there is more of a polite suggestion to your patron?