Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Still waters go stagnant, bodies bloat.

Mountain Goats concert tonight. I'm a bit out of the loop. Do we dress up for these things still? I can remember freshman year being dragged in a state of complete fashion oblivion (khakis, light blue turtleneck, jedi coat--and an apparent deathwish) to my first concert. How was I to know that the pretty little blond girl the next dorm over was a goth poser? Marilyn Manson to me was just another rocker chick.

But I'm older now, and need to be more concerned about my image. No doubt, I should right now be surrounded by different piles of clothing (dark and intimidating? cool and unconcerned? I just don't know!) and playing Tallahassee until I'm whipped into a pre-show frenzy. Instead, I find myself attired in something similar to the ensemble of eleven years ago and standing in front of the mirror lipsynching this.

No comments: