Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fever.

I detatched myself from the treadmill yesterday and instead went for a run in the freakish weather. Figured a nice break in the springish temps would do me good, contract the pupils for a change. The rest of the city seemed to have the same idea and my quiet outing turned into a game of dodge. Dodge the frisky dogs. Dodge the frantic post-school traffic. Dodge the three sunbathing bums sitting in a puddle of beer (oh, please be beer) yelling at me.

I got home angry and hyperventillating, realizing too late the error of dressing in three layers, and the stupidity of braving a city that will spaz and break out the sunscreen and bermudas at the merest hint of a thaw. I figure today it woke up, recalled yesterday's excesses, and turned its face to the wall for three months of cold shame.

No comments: