Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ring around...


Another victim of my chronic laziness. And it's not like I didn't have eight shiny new colored pencils to tempt me. But there was just so much space. Who wants to be coloring and smudging and moistening for hours on end with no guarantee of quality? I'm skittish when it comes to large expanses of paper. I figure that's where the real brilliance happens and I've a small bag of tricks.

The real question is how many pictures of (Blank) in Front of a Tree can I get away with? To this I shrug my shoulders and reply "As many as can fill my days". It's really one of the oldest standbys and, in my book, among the most attractive. It ranks up there with Ring of Dancing Fairies, and Woman at a Window, and Girl by Water Contemplating Suicide. The oldies and goodies, used by the best and the worst. I figure their ubiquity must mean something, and I've put it down to each having some primal, sub-conscious importance.
Who the hell am I to screw with that?

No comments: